Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gladness & Thankfulness


Due to being way too tired to function to a normal level and being home alone, I think a wee spell of homesickness is coming on. I thought instead of mopeing around and feeling sorry for myself that I am a total loner over here, I'm going to out weigh the negatives with positives 

Things that I'm glad and thankful for...

  • I'm glad I took out my nose piercing. Despite HAVING to do it for an MRI and knowing how pleased my mum was when I had to do it, I just don't think it looked good. Obviously I did at the time but not anymore!

  • I'm thankful for the special friendships that I have made. Old and new, it means a lot to be on the other side of the world and know there are special people who care. Being away has showed me who I have true friendships with, some of which I thought would be everlasting - guess not!
Yikes, do I really sound like that in real life?!

  • I'm really thankful for the way I was bought up to appreciate what I have now. Life is so precious and the biggest gift one can have. I know we all have crappy times and wish things were better, but look around you. There are 1.4 billion people in the world who are living in poverty. If you have a roof over your head, enough food to not be starving, running clean water and clothes on your back, then treat everything else like bonus treats; they can be taken away at any time so should be appreciated as much as they can.



  • I'm thankful that I was given an education and can read and write. Books are pretty awesome and so is writing blogs :)


  • I'm glad I have free time to look up things on Google. I now know that there were over 200 dogs used in the filming of 101 Dalmatians. I have now read part of the prologue for a book called 'Heaven is for real' by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. Meghan did a review of on her blog here and am fully intrigued to read what happens; I don't necessarily completely believe in God but I believe that there is something. The book sounds so magical and I found it on amazon.co.uk for £5! I will be purchasing it in the next few days! 


  • I am now thankful that I can go to bed with my head a bit clearer and get a good nights sleep.


Over and out my lovelies xx



"Home is where the heart is your rump rests"
-Pumba from the Lion King.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good sleep after getting all that off your chest =) 'you don't know how lucky you are' - see this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYvMeT2GC14 for a touch of New Zild (an oldy but a goody)=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me likey the new header - how DID you do it?! Me also likey that bit in Ice Age 2 - I think it's my favorite part too! You'll love the Heaven is For Real book I guarantee it - if you don't end up buying it you might even win it on the blog?! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete