Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Egg moments

Lately I've been having some real 'egg' moments.


I made my bed the other night with clean sheets. I was wondering why the top sheet wasn't fitting the width of my bed. It confused me until last night when I realised that I had bought a single top sheet for a double bed. Egg fail.

I woke up this morning with a song from work stuck in my head. It actually goes "Every week has 7 days, 7 days, 7 days, every week has 7 days, can you name them?" (it's to the tune of London Bridge is falling down). When I realised what was actually being said in my head it sounded like this "Every day has 7 weeks, 7 weeks, 7 weeks. Every day has 7 weeks, can you name them?". Ah I'm sorry brain, but why on earth would it be ok to have a day with 7 weeks? Yikes!  Egg fail.

Yesterday I was at work talking in the classroom door to my TA whilst outside. When I finished my conversation, I turned to walk away and rolled my ankle on the concrete ramp and tore my ligaments again. Yes you heard right, again. the 3rd time in as many months. Egg fail.

Can you tell which is the fat one??
It got me thinking, that my life is full of egg moments. When that song "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" by Kelis came out, I thought it was "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...Damn right it's better than yours, I could teach you but I'd have to do chores". It wasn't until my best friend enlightened me that the lyrics are actually "I could teach you but I'd have to charge". Egg fail.

When I first arrived in London, I met up with 2 of my friends for lunch and we went for a walk down 'The Mall'. My friend Nat was telling be about how Obama had been earlier on in that week and the UK and USA flags were up and how we should see if they still were. The whole time she was telling that story (which coincidentally had been the same week that Osama had died) I was thinking, why would they bring Osama's body to the UK let alone to London to parade down The Mall, wasn't he a baddie? Then the penny dropped. Egg fail. 


Have you had any egg moments lately? 

2 comments: