Saturday, May 19, 2012

Friday Fun!

After getting a text from my flatmate Kayleigh saying "Don't leave work until you call me!", I wondered what was going on.

I then got a call from her saying "I'm outside your work, come and let me in". So we hung out in my class, she helped me finish off a display I was putting up, we hung around some more, went and walked down to the High St to kill some more time. She wouldn't tell me what we were doing, who was coming, or what this big surprise was.

Finally, all was revealed. Our friend had hired a car and we were on our way to Southend Beach.



It was such a choice surprise and a brilliant way to end the week! 

We hopped in the car and drove for an hour (ish) until our destination!



We walked along the beach, went looking for crabs, and peered over the fence to look at the amusement park that was closed. 



We played in a water fountain, went to the arcade and spent at least £5 on a 2p game, and ate fish and chips.


If the tide was in, I would've been in that water in my underwear in a flash. The impromptu trip to one of my favourite place, the beach, was just what I needed. That's what I miss about being in New Zealand, especially where my parents lived. We were a 5-10 minute walk to the river and it was like being in a whole new place. The beach was a bus ride away, there were bush walks very close. And it was all beautiful!


I now have a to-do list to complete. The order of things was in priority, but I decided to start from the bottom! Thanks Starbucks for the free WiFi! 





Happy weekend everybody!

Note: I use the term beach, very very loosely. The tide was out, there was mud for miles, and no sand.


Linking up with Meg cos that's where all the cool kids go.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the new home of Things I'm Loving :-)
    Gosh I can just imagine the high you were on after your surprise trip - what a cool flatmate you have! Good for the soul huh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice friend / flatmate you have =)I am sure the fresh air did you lots of good!! XX

    ReplyDelete