Monday, September 17, 2012

My 'Claims' to fame.

I haven't had many 'claims to fame' but the 2 that I can distinctly remember, have been great!

In 2009 when I went to the Winery Tour in Martinborough, it was a stinking hot day. We got given free Dominon Post's so I made mine into a hat to try and keep me 'cooler'. The coolness factor was definitely right up there as Jason from OpShop called out over the microphone "Who's the person that made the paper hats? I want one!" 

So with no hesitation I jumped up and quickly made one for him. As I passed it up to him the wind blew it apart so they told me to go around the side of the stage. Low and behold - next thing I'm up on the stage, in front of 1000's of people, showing Jason how to make a paper hat. And I got a free t-shirt out of it. Totally worth the red embarrassed face!


The second was when it was the London riots last year. Stuff.co.nz had an article on their website asking for stories from any New Zealanders in London. So of course I sent mine in. Within a couple of hours, who had their quote as the headline? ME! (full article here)



I was also in the Hutt News in 2000 for my primary school's Dance Splash group. 

And I think that has been all! Have you had any 'claims to fame'?




1 comment: