Saturday, November 30, 2013

Things I'm Loving - This one time, I went to Budapest

This post has been well overdue, but finally

My friend Cara and I went to Budapest in the October half term for four days. It was amazing! The weather and atmosphere; the old buildings and the Ruin pubs. I somewhat lack a sense of direction and found this city perfect for navigating!

Here are some of my favourite shots from our adventures!

The walking tour
We did a free walking tour which mainly consisted of the Pest side and a little bit of the Buda side. You paid what you wanted at the end of it and saw a bunch of stuff that you might normally have seen! On the tour, I did in fact learn that Budapest was two islands. And that there are loads of lovely buildings everywhere!

We got slightly bored with the big history talk...

View of Pest from Buda.



Apparently there's a rival between the Pest's 'love locks' and those in Paris!

A massive church



A bit of camera trickery! 



You rubbed his belly for goodluck in finding nice food - it was more like finding dairy and gluten free food for me! 
I can't remember why we rubbed his legs - but it was fun!

Szechenyi Baths
We went to a thermal bath place for the day. It was amazing! With 16 pools, 3 outdoor and the rest indoors, ranging in temperatures and having the sun shining all day - it was perfection! 




  


And that my friends, are my favourite photos from our trip! There are more random ones which will be shared all in due course! 

Linking up with meggggggg!


2 comments:

  1. There are so many GAWGEOUS shots of you in this post - but I think my fav is the one with you above and the city in behind - and yep the mirror shot and the camera trickery are pretty fab too!

    ReplyDelete